Thursday, January 25, 2018

Bouncing Ball

     The first project of the animation class was to animate a bouncing ball. While doing these projects we were taught the way to control Photoshop and how to create frame animations. I found the process very therapeutic.

     The first project out of three was a simple animation of a ball bouncing up and down. We learned about textures and different brush settings, depths, etc. I'm rather pleased with the result. I'm glad I chose a softer color palette and chose a darker tint of red to shade the ball. Animating the ball was fairly simple. Just copying the ball and moving it slightly worked wonderfully and turned out perfectly.

     Once we completed the simple bouncing ball animation we moved on to studying motion and how a ball would bounce following an arc. This one I felt I could do better but I'm not mad about how it turned out. For animating for the first time I have to give myself a pat on the back for these two



     Now this one is truly a piece of art. I wanted to play around with the motion of flowing objects and cloth but it didn't turn out how I'd liked. This is honestly the worst thing i've ever created but a part of me still loves it. So many things are inconsistent and the timing is off but it has a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2

SEMESTER 2 Recap Ferris Bueller Our project was to replicate a popular high school movie, regardless of date of release and genre. ...