Sunday, May 5, 2019

Ferris Bueller's Day Off



Project

     Following the music video assignment, we were instructed to mimic a popular high school movie trailer, ranging from the classics to new arrivals.

Process

    To begin, our main focus was casting, as the main character's personality and appearance are a large majority of what the plot is based on. Casting was, shockingly, completed rather quickly; not to mention, successfully. The fact that most of the actors were crewmembers only benefitted our project, as scheduling was easy. Costuming wasn't ideal to begin with, for the designs were complex and unusual and straight from the 80s, but we made it work.
Editing was completed swiftly, with only minor audio issues hindering a perfect piece.

Professionally

    This was the first time actually being labeled a director ( not including the times everyone just expected me to take control anyway, I suppose? ). I've found I'm much more organized when I'm not guessing who is in charge and that spreadsheets do wonders for scheduling, casting, and collecting props; everything.

Changes / Constants

    Originally, the audio was some pitiful track stolen off of a royalty-free website. It was terrible. But I went back and changed it to a track from the trailer to have some scrap of resemblance. I'm much happier now. I'm even happier with how our actors and the cameras worked together; the film quality was beautiful and our actors did a phenomenal job re-enacting.

Conclusion

   I'm directing again for this next project and I can guarantee I already have a spreadsheet delineated, though I find it much easier to mimic than create my own story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2

SEMESTER 2 Recap Ferris Bueller Our project was to replicate a popular high school movie, regardless of date of release and genre. ...